If you are looking to purchase a new automobile scanner, the Autel Maxidiag Elite MD802 device is an excellent choice to consider. With so many features for such a great price, it is a gadget that should not be overlooked. This is a great option that does more than any product similar to it on the market. Not only does it have the capability to do more than others like it, but it does it with flying colors. Of course, it doesn’t have such an amazing price to quality ratio as the Wsiiroon Professional OBD2 Scanner.
Features That Make It Stand Out
Other devices similar to this one and in this price-bracket do not even come close to matching the quality, the usability, and functionality shown here. Not only can you perform live scans, but you can do generic ones, make specific scans, do scans on the transmission module, powertrain module, body module, ABS module, and so much more.
While you can always opt for a more generic scanner to do the job, you will not get the accurate scanning that this device provides. For example, it is able to find issues with Bluetooth, factory-specific ABS faults, lock switch issues, and more. These are things that the basic versions will not pick up simply because they do not have the ability to.
As we browsed through countless customer reviews and comments about the Autel, we were only able to find one small complaint regarding the device. On our side, after testing it for a few weeks we had close to no issues. The popular problem with most people (and with us) is that it seems to have issues when it performs its first auto update on the product. Although this seemed to be a common issue, it resolved itself quickly in all cases.
That being said, we are not even sure we can classify this as a true complaint. If you read the user manual well and follow the instructions, you should not even have an issue with the updates because they are fairly simple to do. The fact that it has automatic updates in the first place is more than awesome, as some other scanners don’t’ even have that option and cost the same.
One thing to mention is that the product does not seem to be Apple compatible. That being said, in order to do the updates, you will need to have a Windows PC. If you are an Apple fan, this could pose a problem for you.
This device is a dream come true for mechanics and car lovers. Even if you do not work on vehicles, if you own more than one and like to keep them up-to-date when it comes to performance, you need this. For all that it offers and all of the features available to use, it is an outstanding deal. We will go out on a limb and say that you will likely not find another product like this on the market for such an affordable price.
All About the Setup, Installation, and Customer Service
The setup and installation of this scanner is a breeze for users. Most people who ordered this gadget claimed to have had it working within seconds of opening the package. This means even if you are not necessarily tech-savvy, you can still use it efficiently and get the job done.
Customer service is great and they are known for their friendliness and eagerness to help you solve any problems you may experience. Their goal is to address the issue and find a solution as soon as they can. This means if you ever have problems down the road, all you have to do is make a phone call and they are happy to help you.
Shipping and Arrival
Shipping is something many users bragged about. Not only did this tool arrive within days of purchase, it also showed up in perfect condition and was packaged well. This is great news because many companies will have issues refunding your money or accepting returns if items arrive damaged. That being said, this should not be a concern for you if you order the Autel because this company keeps quality shipping high on their list.
If you want to feel better prepared for your first car scanner purchase, head over to our Buyer’s Guide.
More Features And Main Advantages:
- Able to efficiently and quickly read codes and clear codes in all modules for domestic vehicles, Asian vehicles, and European vehicles from 1996 until the present
- Quick Erase Feature: Gives you the ability to clear all of the codes with a single push of the button
- Auto-Scan: One button scanning reads the codes for all of the modules and clearly displays them on the screen for users
- This tool does it all, from clearing and reading trouble codes on the airbag, transmission, engine, and ABS failures.
- Data graphing that is live for ECU
- This tool turns off the ABS, engine, transmission, and airbag warning lights for U.S. cars, European cars, and Asian cars
- Includes global OBD II coverage
- Has the ability to support ten test modes from the latest test specs of the J1979 OBD II. Reads codes, erase codes, has live data feature, I/M ready, freeze frame, onboard monitor testing, O2 monitor testing, vehicle information, component testing
- Data graphing
- Enhanced OBD II Mode 6
- Ability to view freeze frame data
- Code tips for OBD II to guide technicians to find the cause of trouble codes in a quicker way
- Includes USB cable that can be used to perform updates
- First year free for software updates and upgrades
- Limited one-year warranty
- Prints data with a PC-link
- Doesn’t work well with any devices made by Apple
- Doesn’t work on newer diesel, electric, and hybrid cars